About Parking at SRJC
All parking for Santa Rosa Junior College is by permit or meter only. Parking regulations are strictly enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, even when very few people are on campus. This includes handicapped areas. A parking ticket is expensive so we don’t recommend you risk it!
If you don't have a current SRJC parking permit, single usage parking permits ($4.00) can be purchased at a grey kiosk (cash or card) located as you enter each lot. Permits are required 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. These daily permits are only valid for the calendar day they were purchased and cannot be used for metered spaces.
You can relocate your vehicle from one parking lot to another on campus using the same day permit on the same day.
Where to Park for Auditions
We recommend that you start out by parking near Lark Temporaries since that is where audition registration and the auditions for the nonmusical will be held.
If you are auditioning for the musical, we will provide either a van shuttle service or walking escorts to/from Forsyth Hall for those auditions. However, if your musical audition is your last or only audition of the evening, once you are fully registered and have completed your audition orientation at the Lark Temporaries, you are welcome to relocate your car to that side of campus (a 2-minute drive).
While SRJC is a relatively safe campus, we strongly recommend that actors only walk in groups if you choose to walk across campus during auditions. There are fewer people on campus on the weekends and the various audition locations are fairly spread out. For the same reason, we don’t advise parking off campus and walking to auditions alone.
Parking near Lark Temporaries
- Best Choice: Parking spaces located along the side of the baseball field. This narrow lot can be accessed from Scholars Drive. There is also motorcycle parking at this location, next to the first Lark Temp.
- Second Best Choice: Bech Parking Lot, located next to Analy Village. This lot can be accessed from Planetarium Way.
- Third Best Choice (…but only after 7PM): B Lot, located along the tennis courts just past the little hut on Scholars Drive. This is staff-only parking until 7PM.
Parking near Forsyth Hall and Tauzer Gym
- Best Choice: Zumwalt Parking Pavilion, accessed from Bear Cub Way.
- Second Best Choice: Metered parking on Burbank Circle
The fee for parking in a metered space is $1 per hour with a 1-hour maximum so they aren’t ideal for auditions.
One Last Tip
If you encounter a permit machine that is not working, find another machine that is working. Also, report the broken machine number and location to District Police at 527-1000. They are also the people to call if you encounter any problems or need help while on campus.